Tuesday, March 20, 2007

the future's orange

The future’s orange as a certain advertising slogan says and although my future may be the Orange Prize my present is the thogger, which has been handed to me, a little oily, by a very nice man who resembles Lembit Opik’s twin brother, that’s the twin that spends less time with his trousers off as he’s only a stripper and not a Liberal Democrat. This is for bloggers that make you think. I believe it is good form to nominate some others who make one think, but I haven’t been doing this very long and we don’t have electricity for enough hours in the day here to allow me to have really got to grips with all the blogs out there yet however to enter into the spirit of things, and hoping that next year these will be a little more personal, here are some blogs that make me think.

Wife in the North for making me think that you don't have to have had a terrible childhood or be a lesbian to be the next Jeanette Winterson.

Bronteblog for making me think that living in the north with consumption and no sex is hard but is still the best route to getting a book deal, Hollywood interest, and a Kate Bush song in your honour.

Jack Havana for making me think I must always be sincere as sincere can be in this blog or someone will send me up.

Alpha Mummy for making me think that a ceasarian story and a cake recipe in every post is the future of blogging, and for making me think that if I plug this then the Times will do the same for me, just like they did so splendidly for Wifey

Girl with a one track mind for making me think, well, I think I'll keep that to myself actually except she does make me think I would never have fallen for that fake flower delivery scam, oh hang on, that was the Times as well wasn't it so I hope this doesn't cancel out number 4.

I'd better go now, it's late and I have to get this ballgown back to mutterings and meanderings for her Young Farmers do. I'm crying all over it and it's dry clean only, in fact my eyes are as puffy as the sleeves, sob.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, Rilly, I see where you are going now - as Tom Sutcliffe put it :-

'Deferred consummation is the great V6 engine of fiction...' - so you are playing 'hard to get' with us at the moment...

Mutterings and Meanderings said...

Ta for the dress back darling, I have accepted my Thogger now as well...

rilly super said...

anonymous, if only the consumption could be deferred along with the consummation, sigh

thanks for the lend M&M, but glad it's going back hone as I think it looks much better on you and it didn't go with my wellies

Mutterings and Meanderings said...

Rilly darling, how many time do I have to tell you, one simply doesn't wear one's wellies with ones flowery skirts up here!

rilly super said...

Oh M&M, thank goodness I've got you, sometimes I think I'll never fit in, sigh